Greeting V-Force Volunteers
Hope you people are doing well and absolutely healthy with a spirit of volunteerism. You may be thinking that what is V-Force? what is the concept and structure of it?
So in short V-Force India is an initiative of United Nations Volunteers India. The objective V-Force India is to encourage volunteerism by providing an opportunity for local volunteers to engage with United Nations and enable them to contribute to sustainable development. V-Force India is created as a platform for community engagement, reaching out to people of all ages, backgrounds, and skills and integrating them into a range of activities carried out by UN agencies in India.
So there will be a few assignments and each assignment contains 4-7 tasks, a volunteer needs to complete all the given assignments for getting eligible for the certificate. The assignments and other updates will be shared on the Google Classroom of that particular campaign so make sure that you have joined it, the updates will be shared on the campaign page of the official V-Force website as well.
Google Drive folder
You have to create a Google drive folder and name it as, say for example for International Volunteer Day 2021 the name should be IVD2021_Your Name, for International Youth Day 2022 it should be IYD2022_Your Name. You have to take screenshots, photos, etc of your work and upload all these in this Google drive folder. You may further create subfolders named Assignment 1, Assignment 2, Assignment 3, etc in this main folder. At the end of the campaign, we will provide you with a feedback form in which you have to paste the link of this main folder i.e IVD2021_Your Name. Remember that you have to make your drive folder public.
Social media presence
You may not be on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, it is suggested to join at least any of these platforms but you must join the Google Classroom of that particular campaign as every campaign have a different classroom or maybe two classrooms in some cases if the number of volunteers will exceed.
Every assignment will be posted with a due date in the Google classroom and a volunteer needs to submit the assignment before the time which is generally 11:59 PM on that due date. Remember that if you have created subfolders named Assignment 1, 2, 3, etc then you have to submit the link of Assignment 1 only for the first assignment and not the link of the main folder i.e IVD2021_Your Name because if you do that then the editing rights will be transferred to UNV India and you will not able to upload any file in further assignment folders.
After you submit the feedback form then generally it takes 2-3 weeks for the team to evaluate the work and issue the certificates to the eligible volunteers. Any updates regarding certificates will be informed on the official social media channels as well as the campaign page on the website of V-Force.
If you have any other queries related to the tasks then join the official Telegram group and connect with the team as well as experienced volunteers. It is recommended to read the FAQs carefully.
1. The first step is to register for V-Force.
2. Read the handbook completely.
3. Join the Google Classroom.
5. Go to Google Drive and create a folder as WED2022_Your name, For e.g WED2022_Shaunak Chakraborty.
6. Inside that folder create folders like Assignment 1, Assignment 2, and Assignment 3.
7. Take the screenshots of your posts that you had posted on your social media handles and upload those screenshots in the respective assignment folder.
8. All the assignments and other tasks will be posted on Google Classroom so make sure that you had joined it.
9. Before the due date of the assignment, you have to attach the link of that particular assignment drive folder to Google Classroom. If you can’t complete your assignment within the given time for any genuine reason that’s okay don’t worry and take your time, it can be considered only for one assignment not for all.
10. At the end of this campaign you will be asked to fill a feedback form in which you have to attach the link of the entire drive folder in which all assignment folders are there.