Frequently Asked Questions
Eligibility Criteria to become a V-Force India Volunteer:
Any individual can apply for this opportunity. With a motivation to work as an advocate of volunteerism. The person should be fluent in the English language and must have a Gmail account, access to the internet, and a computer
Eligibility Criteria for Certification
V-Force India Volunteers will be eligible for a Certificate when they will be taking part in campaigns and completing the assignments. The following conditions are to be followed to be eligible for certification:
- One should register themselves as V-Force India Volunteer at https://v-force.in
- You should be added to the Facebook group of UNV India – https://www.facebook.com/groups/UNV.India/
- One should complete the assignments of the campaign and submit the reports through Google Classroom. Extremely weak execution is not considered in the course of the evaluation and will not result in fetching a certificate.
- Your work should reflect that you undertook the responsibility of promoting the assigned tasks i.e. promoting the spirit of volunteering, reaching out to others and creating awareness about the campaign’s mission. All these tasks can be performed through personal interaction and through social media networks.
- Make sure required screenshots and images are shared so that our team can review and evaluate your performance. You can always go back to Google Classroom or Google Drive and review or upload the files in your google drive link Submitted by you.
- You are required to fill the Final Feedback Form(Report) which will be shared at the end of the campaigns.
In order to clarify some doubts, we would also like to inform everyone about the following facts:
• This is an online volunteering opportunity and not an internship program.
• There is no limit to the number of certificates to be distributed. As mentioned above, all those who meet the given criteria will be presented with certificates.
V-Force India Volunteers registered with the UNV Facebook Group, or otherwise, shall not be considered in any respect as being the employee, staff or agent of UNV or the United Nations.
Volunteers shall not be deemed in any respect as being a UN Volunteer and as such shall not benefit from this status.
I. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
© Copyright United Nations Volunteers. All rights reserved.
None of the materials provided on this Platform may be used, reproduced, or transmitted, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme in India. Requests for such permission and further inquiries should be sent to the UNV India Facebook page via Facebook messaging.
II. WEBSITE USAGE
‘Volunteer’ is an individual who has applied to be a part of the V-Force India Network initiated by the UN Volunteers in India. The ‘Volunteer’ is not entitled to any monetary benefits, incentives, or any other entitlements whatsoever, which are entitled to employees of UN Volunteers.
“Platform” is the combination of Facebook Group and Google classrooms customized by the UN Volunteers India to advocate for campaigns and assignments related to volunteerism.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the Volunteer-submitted Platform content reflects the submissions of the Registered Volunteers and does not necessarily represent the views of UNV.
C. Legal status
- The Volunteer registered or otherwise, the Volunteer personnel and sub-Volunteers shall not be considered in any respect as being the employee, staff, or agent of UNV or the United Nations.
- A V-Force India Volunteer shall not be deemed in any respect as being a UN Volunteer and as such shall not benefit from this status.
- An Organization participating or registering in the Platform shall neither be construed as an endorsement or recommendation on the part of UNV or the United Nations nor as a partnership with UNV or the United Nations.
D. Observance of the law
The Volunteer, registered or otherwise, shall comply with all laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations bearing upon the performance of its obligations under the terms of this Agreement.
E. Child labor
The Volunteer, registered or otherwise, represents and warrants that neither s/he, nor any of her/his suppliers is engaged in any practice inconsistent with the rights set forth in the Convention on the Rights of the Child, including Article 32 thereof, which, inter alia, requires that a child shall be protected from performing any work that is likely to be hazardous or to interfere with the child’s education, or to be harmful to the child’s health or physical mental, spiritual, moral or social development.
The Volunteer registered or otherwise, represents and warrants that neither she/he nor any of her/his suppliers is actively and directly engaged in patent activities, development, assembly, production, trade, or manufacture of mines or in such activities in respect of components primarily utilized in the manufacture of Mines. The term “Mines” means those devices defined in Article 2, Paragraphs 1, 4, and 5 of Protocol II annexed to the Convention on Prohibitions and Restrictions on the Use of Certain Conventional Weapons Which May Be Deemed to Be Excessively Injurious or to Have Indiscriminate Effects of 1980.
1. UNV is only providing a venue Platform allowing volunteering activities to be agreed upon between the UNV and Registered Volunteers. This Platform acts as a venue for Organizations to post online volunteering opportunities, and for Registered Volunteers seeking online volunteering opportunities to post their applications.
2. UNV has not been involved in the actual arrangements between Registered Volunteers and Organizations and declines all liability regarding the relationship between those entities.
The Volunteer, registered or otherwise, agrees not to make any financial claims to other Volunteers and/or to UNV.
In addition, please note that there are risks in using the Platform, and the Volunteer, registered or otherwise, assumes all risks associated with dealing with other Volunteers, registered or otherwise, with whom s/he comes in contact through the Platform. UNV expects that the Volunteer, registered or otherwise, will use caution and common sense when participating in this Platform.
3. Because Volunteer authentication on the Internet is difficult, UNV cannot and does not confirm that each Volunteer, registered or otherwise, is who s/he claims to be. Because UNV does not and cannot be involved in Volunteer-to-Volunteer dealings or control the behavior of Volunteers on the Platform, in the event that the Volunteer, registered or otherwise, has a dispute with one or more Volunteers, registered or otherwise, the Volunteer releases UNV and its agents and employees from claims, demands, and damages actual and consequential, direct and indirect of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
4. Content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Content provided on this Platform is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. UNV specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Content. UNV periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the Content on this Platform without notice. Under no circumstances shall UNV be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to result from participating in this Platform or its assignments, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of this Platform is at Volunteer’s sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to negligence, shall UNV or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if UNV has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
5. The Volunteer, registered or otherwise, is responsible for her/his own communications and is responsible for the consequences of their posting. The Volunteer, registered or otherwise, specifically acknowledges and agrees that UNV is not liable for any conduct of any Volunteer, registered or otherwise.
6. This Platform may contain advice, opinions, and statements, communications of various Volunteers, registered or otherwise. UNV does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, communication or other information provided by any Volunteer, registered or otherwise, or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, communication or other information shall also be at the Volunteer’s, registered or otherwise, own risk. Neither UNV nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any Volunteer, registered or otherwise, or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting therefrom.
8. The Volunteer, registered or otherwise shall indemnify, hold and save harmless, and defend, at her/his own expense, UNV, its officials, agents, servants and employees from and against all suits, claims, demands, and liability of any nature or kind, including their costs and expenses, arising out of acts or omissions of the Volunteer, or the Volunteer’s employees, officers, agents or sub-Volunteers, in the performance of this Agreement. This provision shall extend, inter alia, to claims and liability in the nature of workmen’s compensation, products liability and liability arising out of the use of patented inventions or devices, copyrighted material or other intellectual property by the Volunteer, her/his employees, officers, agents, servants or sub-Volunteers. The obligations under this Article do not lapse upon termination of this Agreement.
9. This Platform may contain links and references to third-party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of UNV and UNV is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. UNV provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by UNV. If the Volunteer, registered or otherwise, decides to access linked third party websites, the Volunteer does so at her/his own risk.
a. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
b. Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical or organizational information or information which is not the Volunteer own accurate resume or organization description or any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
c. Post any franchise, pyramid scheme, club membership, distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement or other business opportunity which requires an up-front or periodic payment, pays commissions only, requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents.
d. Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless Volunteer owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents thereof as may be required by law.
e. Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer, service to any Volunteer, host or network, or use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Platform or any activity being conducted on this Platform, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to any website, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail bombing or crashing.
f. Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded or delete or revise any material posted by any other person or entity.
g. Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
h. Send unsolicited e-mail, advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters, or download any file posted by another Volunteer of a Forum that Volunteer knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
i. Violate or attempt to violate the security of the Platform, including without limitation (i) accessing data not intended for such Volunteer or logging into a server or account which the Volunteer is not authorized to access, (ii) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, or (iii) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting.
12. The Volunteer, registered or otherwise, acknowledges that all Forums are public and not private communications. Further, the Volunteer, registered or otherwise, acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, emails and other communications by other Volunteers, registered or otherwise, are not endorsed by UNV, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by UNV. UNV reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums received from the Volunteer, registered or otherwise, including without limitation email and bulletin board postings.
H. Country and area nomenclature; mention of companies or products
1. The use of particular designations of countries or territories does not imply any judgment by UNV as to the legal status of such countries or territories, of their authorities and institutions or of the delimitation of their boundaries. The designations “developed” and “developing” regions are intended for statistical and analytical convenience and do not necessarily express a judgment about the stage reached by a particular country or area in the development process.
2. The mention of names of specific companies or products (whether or not indicated as registered) does not imply any intention to infringe proprietary rights, nor should it be construed as an endorsement or recommendation on the part of UNV.
I. Privileges and Immunities
Nothing herein or relating to this Agreement shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver, express or implied, of any of the privileges and immunities of the United Nations, including UNV, which are specifically reserved.
J. Settlement of disputes
1. Amicable Settlement: Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of this Agreement or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof shall be settled amicably. Where such an amicable settlement is sought to be done through conciliation, the conciliation shall take place in accordance with the UNCITRAL Conciliation Rules then obtaining, or according to such other procedure as may be agreed between the Parties.
2. Arbitration: Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of the Agreement or the breach, termination, or invalidity thereof, unless settled amicably, within sixty (60) days after receipt by one party of the other Party’s written request for such amicable settlement, shall be referred to arbitration in accordance with the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules then obtaining. The decisions of the arbitral tribunal shall be based on general principles of international commercial law. For all evidentiary questions, the arbitral tribunal shall be guided by the Supplementary Rules Governing the Presentation and Reception of Evidence in International Commercial Arbitration of the International Bar Association, 28 May 1983 edition. The arbitral tribunal shall be empowered to order the return or destruction of goods or any property, whether tangible or intangible, or of any confidential information provided under the Agreement, order the termination of the Agreement, or order that any other protective measures be taken with respect to the goods, services or any other property, whether tangible or intangible, or of any confidential information provided under the Agreement, as appropriate, all in accordance with the authority of the arbitral tribunal pursuant to Article 26 (“Interim Measures of Protection”) and Article 32 (“Form and Effect of the Award”) of the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules. The arbitral tribunal shall have no authority to award punitive damages. In addition, unless otherwise expressly provided in the Contract, the arbitral tribunal shall have no authority to award interest in excess of the London Interbank Offered Rate (“LIBOR”) then prevailing, and any such interest shall be simple interest only. All Parties shall be bound by any arbitration award rendered as a result of such arbitration as the final adjudication of any such dispute, controversy, or claim.
1. UNV reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Platform or any Content in any respect. UNV shall have no obligation to take the needs of any Volunteer, registered or otherwise, into consideration in connection therewith.
2. UNV reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any Volunteer, registered or otherwise, access to this Platform or any portion thereof without notice and terminate without cause this Agreement immediately at any time upon without incurring any liability whatsoever.
3. No waiver by UNV of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in writing signed by its duly authorized representative.