Frequently Asked Questions
Nothing in this Agreement or relating to it shall be construed as a limitation or waiver, express or implied, of any of the United Nations' privileges and immunities, including UNV, which are expressly reserved.
Eligibility Criteria to Become a V-Force India Volunteer:
Any individual can apply for this opportunity with the motivation to work as an advocate of volunteerism. The person should be fluent in the English language and must have a Gmail account, access to the internet, and a computer.
Eligibility Criteria for Certification
V-Force India Volunteers will be eligible for a Certificate when they take part in campaigns and complete the assignments. The following conditions must be met to be eligible for certification:
- One should register themselves as V-Force India Volunteer at https://v-force.in
- You should be added to the Facebook group of UNV India – https://www.facebook.com/groups/UNV.India/
- One should complete the assignments of the campaign and submit the reports through Google Classroom. Extremely weak execution is not considered in the course of the evaluation and will not result in fetching a certificate.
- Your work should reflect that you undertook the responsibility of promoting the assigned tasks i.e. promoting the spirit of volunteering, reaching out to others and creating awareness about the campaign’s mission. All these tasks can be performed through personal interaction and through social media networks.
- Make sure required screenshots and images are shared so that our team can review and evaluate your performance. You can always go back to Google Classroom or Google Drive and review or upload the files in your google drive link Submitted by you.
- You are required to fill the Final Feedback Form(Report) which will be shared at the end of the campaigns.
In order to clarify some doubts, we would also like to inform everyone about the following facts:
• This is an online volunteering opportunity and not an internship program.
• There is no limit to the number of certificates to be distributed. As mentioned above, all those who meet the given criteria will be presented with certificates.
V-Force India Volunteers registered with the UNV Facebook Group, or otherwise, shall not be considered in any respect as being employees, staff or agents of UNV or the United Nations.
Volunteers shall not be deemed in any respect as being UN volunteers and, as such, shall not benefit from this status.
I. COPYRIGHT NOTICE
© Copyright United Nations Volunteers. All rights reserved.
None of the materials provided on this Platform may be used, reproduced, or transmitted, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme in India. Requests for such permission and further inquiries should be sent to the UNV India Facebook page via Facebook messaging or emailed to the team at email@example.com.
II. WEBSITE USAGE
‘Volunteer’ is an individual who has applied to be a part of the V-Force India Network initiated by the UN Volunteers in India. The ‘Volunteer’ is not entitled to any monetary benefits, incentives, or any other entitlements whatsoever, which are entitled to employees of UN Volunteers.
“Platform” is the combination of Facebook Group and Google classrooms customized by the UN Volunteers India to advocate for campaigns and assignments related to volunteerism.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the Volunteer-submitted Platform content reflects the submissions of the Registered Volunteers and does not necessarily represent the views of UNV.
C. Legal status
- Volunteer personnel and sub-volunteers, whether registered or not, are not to be considered employees, staff, or agents of UNV or the United Nations in any way.
- A V-Force India Volunteer shall not be deemed in any respect as being a UN Volunteer and, as such, shall not benefit from this status.
- Participation or registration in the Platform by an organization does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by UNV or the United Nations, nor does it constitute a partnership with UNV or the United Nations.
D. Observance of the law
The Volunteer, registered or otherwise, shall comply with all laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations bearing upon the performance of its obligations under the terms of this Agreement.
E. Child labor
The Volunteer, registered or otherwise, represents and warrants that neither s/he, nor any of her/his suppliers is engaged in any practice inconsistent with the rights set forth in the Convention on the Rights of the Child, including Article 32 thereof, which, inter alia, requires that a child shall be protected from performing any work that is likely to be hazardous or to interfere with the child’s education, or to be harmful to the child’s health or physical mental, spiritual, moral or social development.
The Volunteer registered or otherwise, represents and warrants that neither she/he nor any of her/his suppliers is actively and directly engaged in patent activities, development, assembly, production, trade, or manufacture of mines or in such activities in respect of components primarily utilized in the manufacture of Mines. The term “Mines” means those devices defined in Article 2, Paragraphs 1, 4, and 5 of Protocol II annexed to the Convention on Prohibitions and Restrictions on the Use of Certain Conventional Weapons Which May Be Deemed to Be Excessively Injurious or to Have Indiscriminate Effects of 1980.
1. The UNV is only providing a venue platform for agreed-upon volunteering activities between the UNV and registered volunteers. Organizations can post online volunteering opportunities on this platform, and registered volunteers who are looking for online volunteering opportunities can also post their applications on this platform
2. UNV has not been involved in the actual arrangements between registered volunteers and organizations and declines all liability regarding the relationship between those entities.
The volunteer, registered or otherwise, agrees not to make any financial claims to other volunteers and/or to UNV.
In addition, please note that there are risks in using the platform, and the volunteer, registered or otherwise, assumes all risks associated with dealing with other volunteers, registered or otherwise, with whom s/he comes into contact through the platform. UNV expects that volunteers, registered or otherwise, will use caution and common sense when participating in this platform.
3. Because volunteer authentication on the Internet is difficult, UNV cannot and does not confirm that each volunteer, registered or otherwise, is who s/he claims to be. Because UNV does not and cannot be involved in volunteer-to-volunteer dealings or control the behaviour of volunteers on the platform, in the event that a volunteer, registered or otherwise, has a dispute with one or more volunteers, registered or otherwise, the volunteer releases UNV and its agents and employees from claims, demands, and damages, actual and consequential, direct and indirect, of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
4. There may be inaccuracies or typographical errors in the content. Content provided on this platform is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. UNV specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such content. UNV periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the content on this platform without notice. Under no circumstances shall UNV be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to result from participating in this platform or its assignments, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption, or delay with respect thereto. Use of this platform is at the volunteer’s sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to negligence, shall UNV or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages, even if UNV has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
5. The volunteer, registered or otherwise, is responsible for her or his own communications and is responsible for the consequences of their posting. The volunteer, registered or otherwise, specifically acknowledges and agrees that UNV is not liable for any conduct of any volunteer, registered or otherwise.
6. This platform may have advice, opinions, and statements or communications from volunteers who are registered or not. UNV does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, communication, or other information provided by any volunteer, registered or otherwise, or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, communication, or other information shall also be at the volunteer’s, registered or otherwise, own risk. Neither UNV nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers, or content providers, shall be liable to any volunteer, registered or otherwise, or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting from such inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption,
8. The Volunteer, registered or otherwise, shall indemnify, hold harmless, and defend, at her/his own expense, UNV, its officials, agents, servants, and employees from and against all suits, claims, demands, and liabilities of any nature or kind, including their costs and expenses, arising out of the acts or omissions of the Volunteer, or the Volunteer’s employees, officers, agents, or sub-Volunteers, in the performance of this Agreement. This provision shall extend, inter alia, to claims and liabilities in the nature of workmen’s compensation, products liability, and liability arising out of the use of patented inventions or devices, copyrighted material, or other intellectual property by the volunteer, her/his employees, officers, agents, servants, or sub-volunteers. The obligations under this article do not lapse upon the termination of this agreement.
9. This platform may include links to and mentions of third-party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of UNV, and UNV is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. UNV provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by UNV. If the volunteer, registered or otherwise, decides to access linked third-party websites, the volunteer does so at her/his own risk.
a. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others (such as privacy and publicity rights).
b. Publish, post, distribute, or disseminate any incomplete, false, or inaccurate biographical or organisational information or information that is not the volunteer’s own accurate resume or organisation description, or any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful material or information.
c. Advertise any franchise, pyramid scheme, club membership, distributorship, sales representative agency arrangement, or other business opportunity that requires an upfront or periodic payment, only pays commissions, or requires the recruitment of other members, sub-distributors, or sub-agents.
d. Upload or attach files containing software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by privacy or publicity rights) unless the volunteer owns or controls the rights to such material or has received all consents required by law.
e. Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programmes that may damage the operation of another’s computer, service to any volunteer, host or network, or use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the platform or any activity being conducted on this platform, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to any website, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail bombing, or crashing.
f. Remove any author attributions, legal notices, proprietary designations, or labels in any uploaded file, as well as any other person’s or entity’s material.
g. Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
h. Send unsolicited e-mail, advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters, or download any file posted by another volunteer on a forum that the volunteer knows, or should reasonably know, cannot be legally distributed in this manner.
i. Violate or attempt to violate the platform’s security, including, but not limited to, (i) accessing data not intended for such volunteer or logging into a server or account to which the volunteer is not authorized, (ii) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network or breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, or (iii) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information.
12. The volunteer, registered or otherwise, acknowledges that all forums are public and not for private communication. Furthermore, the registered or unregistered volunteer acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, emails, and other communications by other registered or unregistered volunteers are not endorsed by UNV and are not reviewed, screened, or approved by UNV.UNV reserves the right, for any reason, to remove without notice any contents of the forums received from the volunteers, registered or otherwise, including without limitation, email and bulletin board postings.
H. Country and area nomenclature; mention of companies or products
1. The use of specific designations for countries or territories does not imply UNV’s opinion on the legal status of such countries or territories, their authorities and institutions, or the delimitation of their borders.The terms “developed” and “developing” are used for both statistical and analytical reasons. They don’t mean that a country or area has reached a certain point in the development process.
Whether or not the names of specific companies or products are registered, the mention of them does not mean that UNV wants to infringe on someone else’s rights, and it should not be seen as an endorsement or recommendation from the UNV.
I. Privileges and Immunities
Nothing in this Agreement or relating to it shall be construed as a limitation or waiver, express or implied, of any of the United Nations’ privileges and immunities, including UNV, which are expressly reserved.
J. Settlement of disputes
1. Amicable Resolution: Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of this Agreement or its breach, termination, or invalidity shall be settled amicably. Where such an amicable settlement is sought to be done through conciliation, the conciliation shall take place in accordance with the UNCITRAL Conciliation Rules then in force, or according to such other procedure as may be agreed between the parties.
2. Arbitration: Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of the Agreement or the breach, termination, or invalidity thereof, unless settled amicably within sixty (60) days after receipt by one party of the other party’s written request for such amicable settlement, shall be referred to arbitration in accordance with the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules then in effect. The arbitral tribunal’s decisions must be based on general principles of international commercial law.For all evidentiary questions, the arbitral tribunal shall be guided by the Supplementary Rules Governing the Presentation and Reception of Evidence in International Commercial Arbitration of the International Bar Association, 28 May 1983 edition. The arbitral tribunal shall be empowered to order the return or destruction of goods or any property, whether tangible or intangible, or of any confidential information provided under the Agreement, order the termination of the Agreement, or order any other protective measures be taken with respect to the goods, services, or any other property, whether tangible or intangible, or of any confidential information provided under the Agreement, as appropriate, all in accordance with the authority of the arbitral tribunal pursuant to Article 26 (“Interim Measures of Protection”) and Article 32 (“Form and Effect of the Award”) of the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules. Punitive damages may not be awarded by the arbitral tribunal. In addition, unless otherwise expressly provided in the contract, the arbitral tribunal shall have no authority to award interest in excess of the London Interbank Offered Rate (“LIBOR”) then prevailing, and any such interest shall be simple interest only. All of the people involved in the dispute, controversy, or claim will be bound by any arbitration award that comes out of that arbitration.
1. UNV reserves the sole right, at its sole discretion, to change, limit, or discontinue the platform or any content in any way.UNV shall have no obligation to take the needs of any volunteer, registered or otherwise, into consideration in connection therewith.
2. UNV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deny any volunteer, registered or otherwise, access to this platform or any portion thereof without notice and to terminate this agreement immediately and without cause at any time without incurring any liability.
3. No waiver of any provision of this Agreement by UNV shall be binding unless in writing and signed by its duly authorised representative.